Part-Time Music Ministry Director
“Connecting People to Jesus and to Each Other”
If you have a passion for leading and directing worship through music, New Hope Church – Taylor is looking for YOU! New Hope Church, Wayne, Michigan has planted a church in Taylor, Michigan and needs a part-time Music Ministry Director. One Church, Two Locations! The New Hope Church, Taylor campus will offer one Sunday worship service at 9:30 a.m. We believe music is an excellent method for teaching and experiencing the joy of the Good News of Jesus Christ. Interested? Keep reading…
The Part-Time Music Ministry Director will fulfill professional and administrative responsibilities on campus during a 18 – 20 hours scheduled work week. The first 6 months to a year may involve co-serving at Wayne campus with music team.
- Lead the direction and delivery of music teams (adults and children) and musicians for the all New Hope Church – Taylor worship services and ministry events; including music preparation, song selection, and rehearsals.
- Conduct weekly rehearsals with praise teams/choirs; teaching music to band and choirs to ensure full preparation of all church services and ministry events.
- Prepare and conduct additional rehearsals with musicians as needed.
- Direct or designate a director for each choir, worship service, song or ministry event.
- Lead, set, and manage expectations for choir and musicians.
- Attend and provide music during New Hope Church worship services and events, including but not limited to Sunday Worship Services and special occasions (i.e. Good Friday, Vacation Bible School, and Watch Night/Easter/Christmas services) and any funerals and weddings, as requested or necessary.
- Attend Pastor’s monthly scheduled Leadership Team Meetings to provide input in the advancement of the music ministry, and assist in planning congregational services or activities.
- Prepare, present and effectively administer a detailed vision and budget for the music ministry.
- Mentor and develop musical, directing and leadership talents of those in the New Hope Church Music Ministry.
- Coordinate the music program with the annual church calendar.
- Actively encourage and recruit members and friends of the New Hope Church community to participate in the music ministry.
- Conduct music workshops to further educate and develop New Hope Church voices and musicians.
- Manage the maintenance and repair of instruments in concert with Pastor or designated office personnel.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Pastor.
Essential Qualifications: The Music Ministry Director must see this position as a ministry to and with the people of New Hope Church. Commitment comes from an understanding of God’s love for us and God’s desire for us to communicate in all our efforts the Good News of Jesus Christ. A willingness to grow in faith in this position is a requirement.
- Christian, compassionate, and shepherding qualities in working with people
- Minimum of a High School diploma is required, and a Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- Accomplished instrumental skills are required in organ and piano.
- Education, training, and practice in music, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in teaching and directing choirs or praise teams.
- Knowledge, ability and experience playing, teaching and directing multiple genres of worship/gospel music (traditional, contemporary, hymns, spirituals, anthems, etc.)
- Experience leading special music events (Christmas and Easter services, Vacation Bible Study, etc.)
The Part-Time Music Ministry Director will be responsible to the Senior Pastor. Opportunity for evaluation will take place each spring with an evaluation interview conducted by the Senior Pastor.
Campus Work Hours: After Launch Hours Tentative and Rehearsals times subject to change.
|Days||Before Launch||Hours||After Launch||Responsibilities|
|Sundays||7:00 am – 1:30 pm||4.5||8:00 am – 11:30 am||Ministry Worship|
|Tuesdays||6:00 pm – 8:30 pm||2.5||6:00 pm – 8:30 pm||Praise Team Rehearsal|
|Thursdays||5:30 pm – 8:30 pm||3.0||5:30 pm – 8:30 pm||Music Academy Choir Rehearsal|
|Saturdays||11:00 am – 2:00 pm||3.0||11:00 am – 2:00 pm||Musician Rehearsal|
|Flexible Hours||5 hours||5 hours||Music & Other Assignments|
- 5 hours/week
- First 6 months – 1 year, will serve in rotation at the Wayne Campus
Rehearsal Days and Times:
18 – 20 hours/week on campus
Minimum $400.00 per week, commensurate with experience and education
Please forward a cover letter, resume, and audio/visual recordings of your ministry to:
Dr. Velicia Humes
New Hope Church