New Hope Church, Wayne/Taylor Campuses
March 12, 2020
Meeting/Response Regarding Coronavirus Pandemic
I am closely monitoring the news of the novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) and following guidance from public health officials and trusted government agencies.
Following is advice about the virus:
Coronavirus Information and Hotline/Call Center at Beaumont Hospitals
- As of noon today, there is a hotline number at Beaumont Health call center which has been staffed by nurses. The coronavirus hotline number is 248-551-7000.
- The hotline is a community resource for timely, accurate information about COVID-19 symptoms and virtual screening for people who are experiencing symptoms.
- The line is open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Nurses will answer questions about the virus and direct patients to the appropriate level of care:
- Treating symptoms at home
- Following up with a primary doctor
- Seeking treatment at an urgent care or an emergency center
Persons who have COVID-19 symptoms, i.e., cough, fever, difficulty breathing, should call the hotline before visiting a health facility for care. This will help health care providers reduce the likelihood of others getting exposed.
Those at higher risk for the virus include individuals who have developed a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness such as a cough or difficulty breathing and have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19. Facemasks should be used by people who have COVID-19 and/or are showing symptoms.
New Hope Actions:
– I encourage everyone to take every precaution to practice healthy behavior, movement and hygiene everyday.
– Facilities staff will wipe/clean common surfaces, handrails, door knobs, light switches, etc. with disinfectant products.
- Culinary ministry along with facilities staff will maintain kitchen cleanliness.
- We welcome volunteers to assist the facilities staff to maintain clean counters and surfaces.
- Persons who are ill/ elderly with underlying health issues, are encouraged to remain home.
- Refrain from shaking hands and hugging (use hand/elbow bumps or other greeting gestures)
- We will not travel to South Bend, IN on Saturday to worship with Laymen Chapel C.M.E.
- WE WILL have worship on Sunday.
- Annual Music Day will be rescheduled due to human to human contact and space issues.
- Everyone should practice hospitality but not plague type responses
- We will support our community in any effort in order relieve stress caused by coronavirus.