New Hope Church, Wayne, Michigan is located in Detroit metropolitan area. We offer three Sunday worship services at two campuses. The ideal candidate for Youth Minister will be characterized by a love for Christ, a passion to see Children/Youth (ages 6-17 years) impacted by the gospel, and a support for the vision, mission and plans for New Hope Church. We are looking for a Youth Minister committed to providing children/youth with a true Christ connection and Sunday ministry experience and opportunities to learn the Gospel and serve in ministry. Our mission is, “Connecting People to Jesus and to Each Other.”
Description of Responsibilities:
- Work with the Senior Pastor and other ministry leaders to plan, design and lead dynamic, inviting weekly children’s worship experience, which teaches and proclaims the Good News of Jesus Christ to children/youth.
- Work with Children’s Church Musician and volunteers to direct a smooth and professional atmosphere to conduct worship service.
- Work with the Children/Youth Ministry Team volunteers to plan and offer opportunities to serve in mission projects, children/youth flag, dance and mime ministries, and fellowship outings/events.
- Manage volunteers that are responsible for admitting and releasing children from the worship services and children/youth bible study, and outings/events.
- Attend regular planning and development meetings with Children/Youth Ministry Team volunteers and church staff.
- Manage the development, production and distribution of all forms of children’s church and children/youth activities marketing materials (bulletins, social media, web postings, mailings, signage, flyers, brochures, logos, etc.), as directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Develop, implement and maintain a resource management tool (books, magazines and newspaper articles, etc.) in support of children’s church sermon development.
- Setup and maintain filing systems as needed to manage children’s church and children/youth ministry membership and contacts
- Work with Children’s Church Musician, Sunday School Team, Children/Youth Ministry Team, and other church staff, as required to plan and develop annual children’s/youth day, Easter and Christmas programs, musicals, as well as Vacation Bible School.
– Christian with a love for children and youth.
– The Youth Minister should have 1-2 years of church experience working and helping to plan, design and direct an inviting, loving and celebratory worship services for children and Bible study and ministry opportunities for children and youth.
– Pursuing or completed an AA/BA degree in youth/children/worship ministry, education, or related field is required.
– Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing is required.
– The ability to work 10-15 hours a week: oversight of youth ministry rehearsals on Saturday mornings, and attend worship services and serve Sunday School on Sundays, weekly evening Bible Study/events, and monthly meetings.
– Willingness to grow in faith and in this position as the Youth Minister is required.
– Worship/music experience desired.
– Experience leading and working effectively with volunteers is desired.
The Youth Minister will be responsible to the Senior Pastor or designee. Opportunity for evaluation will take place annually with an evaluation interview conducted by the Senior Pastor.
10 – 15 hours a week depending on campus
$15 – $20/hour based on experience
Position opened until filled.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail to:
New Hope Baptist Church
c/o Ministry Hire Team
33640 Michigan Ave.
Wayne, Michigan 48184