New Hope Church, Wayne, Michigan is located in Detroit metropolitan area. We offer three
Sunday worship services at two campuses. The ideal candidate for Youth Minister must possess a
love for Christ, a passion to see Children/Youth (ages 6-17 years) impacted by the gospel, and
support of the vision, mission and implementation of plans for New Hope Church. We are
seeking a Youth Minister committed to providing children/youth with a true Christ connection and
Sunday ministry experience that includes opportunities to learn the Gospel and serve in ministry.
Our mission is, “Connecting People to Jesus and to Each Other.”
Description of Responsibilities:
1.Work closely with the Senior Pastor and other ministry leaders to plan, design and lead
dynamic, inviting weekly children’s worship experience, which teaches and proclaims the Good
News of Jesus Christ to children/youth.
2. Coordinate with Children’s Church Musician and volunteers to ensure a smooth and
professional atmosphere to conduct worship service.
3. Lead and assist the Children/Youth Ministry Team volunteers in planning and offering
opportunities for children/youth to serve in mission projects, flag, dance and mime ministries,
and fellowship outings/events.
4. Coordinate and manage children’s ministry volunteers in their responsibility of
receiving/releasing children from the worship services, children/youth bible study, and
5. Attend and lead regular planning and development meetings with Children/Youth Ministry
Team volunteers and church staff.
6.Manage the development, production and distribution of all forms of children’s church and
children/youth activities marketing materials (bulletins, social media, web postings, mailings,
signage, flyers, brochures, logos, etc.), as directed by the Senior Pastor.
7. Develop and maintain a resource management toolkit (books, magazines and newspaper
articles, etc.) to aid in preparation and presentation of children’s church sermons.
8. Develop a database to maintain secure contact information for children and youth.
9. Coordinate activities and staffing for ministry special days: annual children’s/youth day, Easter
and Christmas programs, musicals, as well as Vacation Bible School.
– Christian with a love for children and youth.
– 1-2 years of church experience: including assisting in the planning, designing and
directing of an inviting, loving and celebratory worship service for children; and Bible
study and ministry opportunities for children and youth.
– Completed or pursuing (provide an expected date of graduation) an AA/BA degree in
youth/children/worship ministry, education, or related field is required.
– Effective communication skills.
– Willingness to grow in faith and in this position as the Youth Minister is required.
– Worship/music experience desired.
– Experience leading and working effectively with volunteers is desired.
The Youth Minister will be responsible to the Senior Pastor or designee. Opportunity for
evaluation will take place annually with an evaluation interview conducted by the Senior Pastor.
8 – 15 hours a week depending on campus. Hours include: oversight of youth ministry
rehearsals on Saturday mornings, and attend worship services and serve Sunday School
on Sundays, weekly evening Bible Study/events, and monthly meetings.
$15 – $20/hour based on experience
Position opened until filled.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
New Hope Baptist Church
c/o Ministry Hire Team
33640 Michigan Ave.
Wayne, Michigan 48184