August 16, 2020
“Faithfulness in Prayer”
Faithfulness In Prayer
James 5:16 says, “The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous person avails much.”
What temperature do you like your coffee?
What’s the temperature of your prayer life?
I. How is Faithfulness in Prayer Defined?
Prayer is communion with God.
II. Faithfulness in Prayer Exemplified
The Bible records that Jesus prayed at times throughout the day – morning (Mark 1:35), noon, evening (Mark 6:46), and all night (Luke 6:12).
III. Faithfulness in Prayer is Modeled for Effective Christians
Jesus included the elements of prayer; (using New Century Version)
- praise (Matt. 6:9), Our Father in heaven, may your name always be kept holy;
- submission (Matt. 6:10), May your kingdom come and what you want done be done, here on earth as it is in heaven,
- petition (Matt. 6:11), Give us the food we need for each day,
- forgiveness (Matt. 6:12), Forgive our sins as we forgive those who sinned against us,
- guidance (Matt. 6:13), And do not cause us to be tempted, but save us from the Evil One,
- acknowledgement of Lordship (Matt. 6:13), The kingdom, the power and the glory are yours forever.
IV. Faithful prayer is rewarded.
Here is the general rule to follow. You should pray for something until …
– The answer comes, or
– The circumstances change, or
– God changes the burden on your heart.
Every Christian should be a praying Christian.
Again, let me ask you: What’s the temperature of your prayer life?
Watch this video clip from “War Room.”